Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup
Now that it is very cold outside…its in the 20s here in Wisconsin, we could use some warm comfort food and found this helps hit the spot. I personally love cabbage and my boys really enjoyed this one too…its like eating kimchi without all the spiciness! They especially love it with Hawaiian bread or Pillsbury Grand’s biscuits
Hope you enjoy!
A wonderful comfort food when it is cold outside!
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup short grained white rice
- 4 cups bone broth/beef broth you can also use 4 cups water with 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped (core removed)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Using the sauté setting, sauté onions and ground beef, then drain fat
2. Add garlic
3. Add other ingredients, adding cabbage last and stir
4. Close, set valve to seal and press manual for 5 minutes, then do a natural pressure release (NPR)
I used 90% lean ground beef so I did not need to drain any fat.
I also used bone broth that I made to give it extra flavor and for the health benefits, but you can use any beef broth or bullion cubes.