Hope everyone is well! I know I have been MIA but a lot has been going on. I have also been working on new recipes which I hope all of you will enjoy.
Today I have the chicken burrito bowl…who doesn’t like a good burrito bowl for some comfort?
This came to mind to make because I had all of the ingredients already in my pantry and freezer.
You can also use whatever kind of chicken you have. I had frozen chicken thighs with skin on…after it cooked I just made sure to take the skin off before I sautéed in cheese and I didn’t have to take the chicken out to shred because it shred as I was mixing the cheese in!
PS…I had mentioned I had a lot going on? Well if you look through my pages you will soon see a page for crafts to do with your family!
A wonderful comfort food using ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
- 1 lb chicken any chicken works...I used skin on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons oil omit if you are chicken thighs
- 3 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1(14.5 or 15oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 3/4 cups instant whole grain brown rice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups colby jack cheese, shredded
Add chicken, stock/broth, rice and the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the cheese
Lock lid, turn valve to seal and press manual 10 and do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes then quick release
Open lid, and take skin of chicken (if it has any), add the cheese and stir until cheese is melted